Friday 12 July 2013

Three of the Seven Ethical Dilemmas-- Netraa

https://docs.google.com/a/s2012.sst.edu.sg/file/d/0B508NLlR2qbSUHFnNmJNcXhGemM/edit


The first one I chose is Bias. Bias in journalism is when the journalist does something in favour of the person they might know. When someone has bias on someone during journalism, they would give the more positive comments towards the bias which would make the person not at fault look bad. In journalism everyone should be treated fair and truthfully.  

An example is when I am a journalist and I am someone who knows the person who is at fault very well. I would give positive comments towards the person who is at fault and make the other person look bad. This is called as bias.

The second one I chose is offending or distasteful content. Offending or distasteful content   means when someone says something offending in the story which should not be known to the viewers or the public. So the journalists would have to cover it up or think of a another way to say it not such that it is offending or distasteful. 

An example is when I am a journalist and I interview the person, the person says something offending or distasteful out of anger during the situation. I would have to cover it up or change it somehow that when it reaches the public or the viewers, it would not be offending to the public or the viewer. This is called as offending or distasteful content.

The third one I chose is conflict of interest. Conflict of interest is when the journalist is a close friend of the interviewee. So the point of view towards the interviewee would be postive.


An example is when I am a journalist and I am the best friend of the person who I am interviewing, I would give positive comments about them such that no one would know the truth. This is called as conflict of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment